Have you completed the remote email agreement?
To sync your mobile phone with Avila email you will need to complete the remote email agreement if you have not previously done so.
- Logon to MyAU (go to http://transformlearning.avila.edu/itservices/logging-onto-myau/ if you need help logging in).
- Go to Campus Life in the menu bar.
- Find and select Remote Email Agreement in the left navigation panel.
- Complete and submit the form.
It takes about 45 minutes for the system to process your form. Afterwards, you can use the guides below to setup your phone.
Use these device guides to setup your phone.
Instructions for Android Phones
- Tap on Settings
- Scroll down and tap Accounts & Sync
- Tap Add Account Button on button of screen
- Tap Microsoft Exchange
- Enter full email address: lastname+studentIDfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: Same password as Avila email
- Tap Next
- Domain\Username: add avila (ex. avila\lastname+studentID#)
- Server: eaglemail.avila.edu
- Checkmark Accept all SSL certificates
- Tap Next
- Tap Next Again
- Give your account a name (optional)
- Tap Done
- Avila Email will now sync with your Android Phone
Instructions for iPhone, iPads, and iPods
- Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars> Add Account> Microsoft Exchange
- Email: Enter your complete email address (lastname+studentIDemail@example.com) ex. Jones123456@avila.edu
- Domain: Enter AVILA
- Username: lastname+studentID#
- Password: Use same password as your Avila Email
- Description: Which may be anything you like
- Tap the Next button at the top right (see image)
- Server: Enter eaglemail.avila.edu (see image)Your iOS device will try to create a secure (SSL)
connection to your Exchange Server. Accept any SSL
errors.Choose which type or types of data you would like to
synchronize: Mail, Contacts, and Calendars (see image)
- Tap Save
- Avila Email will then Sync with your device