The Center for Transformational Learning has adopted the improvement research approach from the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. It involves six core principles of improvement.
- Make the work problem-specific and user-centered.
- Variation in performance is the core problem to address.
- See the system that produces the current outcomes.
- We cannot improve at scale what we cannot measure.
- Anchor practice improvement in disciplined inquiry.
- Accelerate improvements through networked communities.
We use the following template as a way of identifying all the primary drivers and secondary drivers before creating an initial list of change ideas (click image for an enlarged view).
Initial change ideas are implemented through a process called Plan, Do, Study, Act (PDSA).
Below are posts on this site that about continuous improvement at Avila University: